Thursday, November 29, 2007

#21 Podcasts, Smodcasts

I've encountered podcasts before but had no idea that there were actually directories available to find podcasts on different subjects. Previously I've just encountered them by accident when searching different websites. I can see lots of opportunitites for the library to take advantage of podcast technology. Our Eastern Regional Library radio show is now available as a podcast. It would be great to have some of our visiting author talks available as a podcast. Podcasts would also be useful for small tutorials for library users, similar to the manner in which we've been using them in our Library 2.0 learning. The SirsiDynix institute offer a number of library related podcasts which sound interesting. Lots of stuff on podcasts, RSS feeds, Library 2.0. I've added this to my bloglines account along with Radio Nationals' The Book Show, one of my favorite ABC radio shows which I always seem to miss.

No comments: