Friday, November 30, 2007

#20 YouTube Zorba the Greek Yolngu style

Where is Conan the Librarian when you need him? I thoroughly enjoyed having another look around YouTube. There's an enormous amount of material here. The recent Federal election showed that politicians were aware of the enormous influence of YouTube in popular culture (and also that the art of political satire is alive and well). Check out the ABC's Unleashed site for their poll of the most popular election videos.

While on YouTube I had a look at some of my favorites including the weird and wonderful Kransky sisters, also the mad antics in my favourite bookshop with Bernard and Manny of Black Books.
It was hard to choose just one to share but I decided on the wonderful Yoglnu Dance Troupe and their version of Zorba the Greek. It's been an enormous hit on YouTube and the dancers have been invited to a Canberra arts festival on the strength of it. Enjoy!

No comments: