Sunday, November 11, 2007

#14 Technorati


Time to have a look at Technorati. It seems pretty easy to use. No surprises in the list of most popular blogs. They seem to appear again and again in our Learning 2.0. explorations. The wonderful Boing, Boing is up there. If you haven't had a look check it out. I love the steampunk laptop. We've had a good look at tags with Flickr and Librarything. It's a great way to organise the web although the librarian in me gets a little distressed when i see the variations in tags. On Librarything you might get people using magical realism, magic realism, magic relism, Magical Reality, magical realsim, magical-realism, magical.realism magicalrealism, magicval realism and so on...
there's a whole debate out there on whether or not tagging should be "free" or "controlled". What does everyone think?

But back to Technorati, there's some interesting stats on it. I like the little Mentions by Day box that shows how many people have posted on a particular search term over the last few months.I did the recommended search on Learning 2.0 and it's amazing to see the different results, over 6000 results by searching the blogs but only 600 or so by searching just the tags. I guess that means not everyone is using tags. I'll have a go at tagging this post although I'm not too sure I know what i'm doing yet.

No comments: